Recipe News Desk!! You too might have become a fan of Mohammed Shami during this World Cup. If you are fond of non-veg then you can make a special recipe in the name of your favorite cricketer. You can watch a World Cup match with this amazing dish that serves as both a snack and a main dish. Of course its name is Shami Kebab.
Ingredients for making Shami Kebab-
1 cup chana dal 2 tsp oil 1 tsp cumin 7-8 cloves 7-8 black peppers 2 cinnamon sticks 2 tsp whole coriander 1 tsp celery 3 whole red chillies 1/2 tsp chilli flakes 500 gm boneless chicken 1 tsp salt 1 cup water 1 1 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped 2 green chillies 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped 1/2 cup coriander 1/2 cup mint 2 eggs
Method of making Shami Kebab-
1. Soak one cup of gram dal in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Then heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander seeds, celery, red chilli and chilli flakes.
3. Fry these things for 1-2 minutes.
4. Now add soaked chana dal and mix well.
5. Then add boneless chicken and salt to this mixture.
6. Add required amount of water and reduce the flame.
7. Cook it until all the water dries up and the chicken becomes soft.
8. Let it cool for some time and then make a thick paste of all the ingredients.
9. Mix ginger, green chilli, garlic, green coriander and mint leaves in the paste. Mix all the ingredients well.
10. Now add eggs and mix well.
11. Now make tikki shaped kebabs from this mixture.
12. Place another pan on the gas. Heat oil in it and cook these prepared kebabs by turning them from both the sides till they turn golden.
13. Now you can serve the kebab hot with chutney of your choice.