Why are these numbers written on the tires of vehicles? Know what is the reason behind this…, there are many such things in our personal life which we use every day but we are not able to know the work behind them, like all of you will have vehicles in your house and they will have tyres. Everyone must have seen it and some numbers are written on it. Does anyone know its meaning, you may not know, let us tell you today.
Why are these numbers written on the tires of vehicles?
If you look at the tires of the car, there will be some numbers written on them, the meaning of which we will not know. Have you ever wondered why these numbers are written? It is very important to know because these numbers written on the tires of vehicles tell a lot. Let us know….
Alphabet numbers indicate speed…
Some tires have numbers written like this 225/50R 17 87V. This means that 99 out of 100 people do not know. These numbers tell about the tire width, side wall height, rim size, top speed and load capacity. It tells you which one is better for which vehicle. Its alphabet numbers indicate top speed. As-
- F- 80 kmph
- G- 90 kmph
- J- 100 kmph
- K- 110 kmph
- L- 120 kmph
- M- 130 kmph
- N- 140 kmph
- P- 150 kmph
- Q- 160 kmph
- R- 170 kmph
- S- 180 kmph
- T- 190 kmph
- U- 200 kmph
- H- 210 kmph
- V- 240 kmph
- W- 270 kmph
- Y- 300 kmph
- (Y)- 300+ kmph
Also read: People are liking the new Hero Passion Xtec with sporty look, with 68kmpl mileage the price is also very low…
What do these numbers mean (ex. “225/50R 17 87V”)
- The first three digits indicate the tire width in mm.
- After this the two digit number represents the height of the side wall of the tire in percentage of the width of the tire.
- After this, the letter written in English tells its construction type.
- The number written next to it tells the size of the rim.
- The next number is the load index.
- The last letter indicates the speed index.