Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has sent the Vigilance Minister’s report on the alleged ‘hospital scam’ in the Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar case to LG VK Saxena. Along with this, CM Kejriwal has demanded from LG to immediately remove and suspend the Chief Secretary. Vigilance Minister Atishi Singh has said in his report that Naresh Kumar got another company of his son the work of making AI software without tender from ILBS Hospital of Delhi Government. Through this, profits worth crores of rupees were made.
It is also mentioned in the report that Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar is the chairman of ILBS Hospital. Naresh Kumar’s son’s company was formed only 7 months ago. He has no experience in creating AI software. Vigilance Minister Atishi Singh had submitted a detailed report to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal yesterday itself.
Vigilance Minister Atishi made allegations in the report sent to CM
1. Naresh Kumar got his son Karan Chauhan’s company MetaMix signed a free MOU with Delhi Government’s ILBS Hospital.
2. This MOU was a completely beneficial deal for the start up of Naresh Kumar’s son.
3. As the Chief Secretary of Delhi, Naresh Kumar is the Chairman of the Governing Council of ILBS Hospital and during his tenure, not only this decision was approved, but the Virtual Reality Lab was also inaugurated under this MOU.
4. The founder of the company named Metamix with which the MOU was signed is Karan Chauhan, son of Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar. This company was formed only 20 days after Naresh Kumar became the Chief Secretary.
5. Through this MOU, the startup company of the Chief Secretary’s son got the opportunity to make huge illegitimate financial gains at the government’s expense. At the same time the reputation also increased.
6. It was also decided in the MOU that whatever AI product will be developed in the research, the profit from selling it will be divided 50-50% by the Chief Secretary’s son’s company and ILBS Hospital.
7. By using the database and expertise of such a big institute not only in the country but in Asia, Metamix is expected to make a profit of crores of rupees every year.
8. In the supplementary report with Dateline, it has been told that Naresh Kumar’s son’s company was formed only 8 months ago and he had no experience in making AI software.
9. While selecting the Metamix company, the procedures were not followed, the company was directly selected and the agreement was signed.
Atishi Singh made this recommendation in the report
Minister Atishi has recommended in the supplementary report that Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar should be immediately removed from his post and disciplinary action should be taken against him. Atishi also recommended that the agreement between MetaMix and ILBS be terminated and the matter be referred to the CBI.