Recipe News Desk!!! Chhath Puja will start with Nahay-Khay on 17th November. Kharna is to be held today i.e. 18th December. Chhath fasting people will keep Nirjala fast for the whole day today. After taking bath in the evening, first of all she will make prasad of jaggery kheer and roti and do puja. After this, she will start the 36-hour waterless fast after eating the Prasad. Chhath Puja will be performed by offering evening Arghya on 19th November and morning Arghya on 20th November. So let us tell you the recipe of Jaggery Kheer which you can make easily.
Ingredients for making jaggery kheer
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 liter full cream milk
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1/2 cup mixed dry fruits (almonds, cashews, raisins)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of saffron
- Rinse the basmati rice under running water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of ghee in a pan. Fry the mixed dry fruits until they turn golden brown. Now keep it aside.
- Cook rice and milk in a brass vessel. Let it cook slowly on low flame. When the rice becomes soft and the milk thickens, then understand that the halwa is ready.
- Now add dry fruits to it. You can also add saffron to it. After this, remove the halwa from the flame. Keep in mind that jaggery should never be added to boiling kheer. The milk curdles. When the halwa cools down a bit, add jaggery to it and mix until it dissolves well. Kheer is ready for Prasad.
To make Chhath Prasad, always choose a holy place, which is away from the reach of children. If possible, make kheer with mango wood on an earthen stove instead of a gas stove. Chhath Puja Prasad Recipe (Chhath Puja Prasad Recipe) is made very regularly and this prasad is called Mahaprasad. The fasting person distributes it among the family as well as in the entire locality.